WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING NEW, SOMETHING EXCITING - IF YOU'RE THAT BAND GET IN TOUCH (and if you're from South Manchester even better)
BAR AMP - SOUTH MANCHESTER'S PREMIER LIVE VENUE
Since opening in August 2006 Bar Amp has hosted over 200 unsigned bands many of which are playing this years In The City showcases.
Teaming up with Designer Magazine earlier this year the venue has rejuvanted the South Manchester music scene bringing the same vitality seen when the Smiths and Stone Roses formed in the streets close by.
* Free entry gigs every Thursday bringing the best new bands from across the UK
* Recent highlights at Bar Amp include the debut solo gig of Nile Marr (son of Smiths guitarist Johnny Marr) which attracted international attention and high profile coverage from the Observer Music Month, The Independent, The Telegraph and the front page of the Manchester Evening News. Other notables from the Ultimate All Ages gigs include the hotly tipped El Policia, Little Engine who made the ITC Unsigned list and The Difference who recently supported Ian Brown
* International appearances from bands such as Nice Peter (USA), Punk TV (Russia) and ex-Stone Roses member Robbie Maddix who came over from Portugal to play his only Manchester date of the tour
* ITC bands with previous appearances at Bar Amp include: The Boy Majors, The Naughtys, The Underclass, The Score, The Drainpipes, Dead Wasps, Sandbox and many many more!!!
* On Dec 13th, Bar Amp's regular Friday and Saturday Resurrect night with DJ's Vince Vega and Nathan Birkett (Proud Mary) take their decks and live bands to The Aftershow at Sankeys's
102 School Road, Sale, M33 7XB