Primal Scene: Mani joins OCS!
However, what makes this remotely interesting is the news that his replacement, at the stinking great crud-fest that the band's Cardiff Millennium Stadium support date with Feeder and Stereophonics undoubtedly promises to be, will be Gary Mountfield.
That's Mani, bassist from insurrectionary genre-hopping sleaze-rockers Primal Scream. Mani from messianic jangle-swagger indie-Gods, them Stone Roses.
Mani, it can only be assumed, is being sent on some sort of aversion theraphy by Gillespie and the others, in case he gets slack and does something like Second Coming again.
Why else would an ice-cool genius, the backbone of two of the greatest bands of all time be moonlighting with Ocean Colour Scene?
The suggested reason for his departure is that Damon wants to concentrate on being a Dad rather than a Dadrockstar, and presumably feels that he has achieved all he can with OCS.
DiScuss: Is Mani off his rocker? Does wearing some ropey sweater from Merc make you a mod these days, then? Are you going to the gig? Why?
- Leeds Festival 2012: Drowned In Sound's Sunday blog
- In Photos: Feeder @ The Leadmill, Sheffield
- Feeder - Generation Freakshow
- "Guitar music's dead? I think that's absolute bollocks!": DiS meets Feeder
- In Photos: Jersey Live Festival 2011 @ Royal Jersey Showground
- Splendour 2011: The DiS review
- In Photos: Chester Rocks Festival 2011 @ Chester Racecourse
- In Photos: V Festival 2010 @ Hylands park, Chelmsford