:( & data Panik do the BiSness
Split 7" picture disc and tour dates mean that we Must Destroy... Scotland.
Once upon a time, there was a band. The band were called BiS. They made bleeps and beats and squeaks and were pretty much great. Then, BiS split and things weren't great.
Formed from the ashes of BiS, data Panik feature Manda (pictured), Steven and John, not to mention - a rhythm section! They're a little more 'mature', sound ace and have chosen to release a split 7" picture disc with Aberdeen's :(. Through Must Destroy... on April 10th.
:( or colonopenbracket, describe themselves as 'str8-bit' (although we prefer 'emoticore') and have just remixed a Funeral for a Friend track by stripping it down and covering it in synths. The easiest way to describe the guys is a keyboard-based, guitar-eschewing Million Dead, sitting neatly between The Postal Service and Minor Threat. Seriously, myspace this shizzle.
:( play the following dates:
27 Aberdeen Tunnels
18 Perth Angry Mics
24 London Brixton Windmill
25 London RoTa at Notting Hill Arts Club
Whist data Panik do these:
20 Glasgow Barfly (w/ Chicks on Speed)
6 London Luminaire
8 London Buffalo Bar
- Glasgow Day: Chemikal Underground
- Primavera Sound 2010: the DiS review (Thursday)
- Taking the Bis: Manda Rin announces solo album
- Label Profile #16: Chemikal Underground
- We're not taking the Bis! Band reforms for shows...
- :( & data Panik do the BiSness
- Data Panik: BiS by any other name...
- Bis, Motormark at ICA, London, Sat 26 Apr