T In The Park: some bands are going to play it, you know
As shouted about elsewhere, REM and Coldplay are confirmed as headliners. Jolly good! Coldplay first played the festival in one of the tents, shortly after having a hit with 'Yellow'.
Elsewhere this year, there is speak of The Music headlining the NME stage. It's also rumoured that the Polyphonic Spree - who opened the festival last year - will make their return. *squeals with delight*
Biffy Clyro are heading for the record of Band Who's Played There The Most (rivalled only by Travis), by being verrrry likely to play again this year.
There is also talk of indie old skool types Teenage Fanclub and The Charlatans rattling out the hits, as it were, so you can all have a big sing-song.
The Grim Northern Social, who recently signed to One Little Indian, will step up from the T-Break tent to play the King Tut's tent. They release their debut single on May 5th, and, I expect, you heard that here first (unless it's on their website).
We'll keep you informed of any updates.
The festival takes place in Balado, near Kinross, on July 12th and 13th. (Shit... it's the Truck Festival the weekend following that. Oh my poor liver.)
- Coldplay - Live 2012
- In Photos: Coldplay @ O2 Arena, London
- Spotifriday #114 This week on DiS as a playlist ft. Eels, Deftones, Active Child + more
- Coldplay - Mylo Xyloto
- DiS in Australia: Splendour In The Grass 2011
- Glastonbury 2011: The DiS Highlights
- In Photos: Coldplay @ Glastonbury Festival 2011
- In Photos: Glastonbury Festival 2011 - Day 3 @ Worthy Farm, Pilton