- M.I.A. »
A new track from M.I.A. surfaced earlier this week. Called 'Bad Girls' it's taken from her Vicki Leekx mixtape. Now, as is often the case, there's a video for the single, directed by Romain Gavras (who worked with her on 'Born Free') and filmed in Morocco. It was premiered over on Noisey - VICE's new music channel on YouTube but you can also watch it below.
Never short of a few words herself, here's what M.I.A. had to say about the video for 'Bad Girls':
"It was dope to have so many people from so many different backgrounds speaking so many different languages come together to create something that we believed in. I thought I was gonna die on the shoot when I saw the drifting. It was a four day shoot so everyone was on edge the whole time specifically ME when I had to do bluesteel singing to the camera while the cars did doughnuts on the wet road ten feet away. In my mind I was thinking how I was gonna deliver the video to Vice with no legs."
- Drowned in Barcelona #4: Cruïlla 2012 feat. Iggy & the Stooges, M.I.A., ZA!
- Moving Pictures: Videos of the Year - 1st Quarter 2012
- M.I.A. gives Super Bowl audience middle finger, NBC apologise
- Watch: New M.I.A. video for 'Bad Girls'
- UK Festivals in Crisis? - DiS speaks to festival organisers who know otherwise
- In Photos: M.I.A. @ Brixton Academy, London
- M.I.A. at O2 Academy Brixton, London, Wed 10 Nov
- New York Week: A Guide to Brooklyn Venues