Gang Gang Dance's Eye Contact could very well constitute one of the records of the year so far. In fact I'm sure it does for many of you. We made it one of our recommended records upon review of it. Many people liked it. What concerns us today is that a track from that record, 'MindKilla', has been remixed by none other than Lee 'Scratch' Perry. Bold stuff.
Before that, here is what both parties had to say on the matter:
Lee "Scratch" Perry:
"I did have a great fun in the studio in Negril (Jamaica) recreating the riddim. The ingeneers and people around also enjoyed the vibes and the great voice of Lizzi. All the blessings for the remix from LSP."
Gang Gang Dance member Brian DeGraw:
"I feel blessed...like ACTUALLY blessed...to have made some form of musical communion with LSP. I think about him a lot in day to day life but never really imagined our paths would cross in any other way. And I really have to give it up for anyone who gets handed a song about fear and turns it into a club banger about eating cops. Perfect."
- DiS staff name Low's 'Try to Sleep' the song of the year, so far
- Spotify Playlist: Drowned in Sound's Songs of the Year (So Far)
- Half-Year: DiS' 11 Favourite Albums of the First Half of 2011
- Listen: Lee 'Scratch' Perry remix of Gang Gang Dance's 'MindKilla'
- In Photos: Primavera Sound Festival 2011 @ Parc del Forum, Barcelona
- Future Everything 2011: The DiS review
- Spotifriday #91 - This week on DiS as a playlist ft. Kate Bush, Four Tet, Let's Wrestle + more
- In Photos: ATP Festival curated by Animal Collective