Some quite good acts have just been confirmed for the Jeff Mangum curated All Tomorrow's Party event in December at Butlins, Minehead. These are Boredoms, Low, The Fall, Colin Stetson, Micachu and the Shapes and Lost In The Trees. Not too bad, eh? Mr Mangum has also announced some London shows, though I suspect they are all sold out by now but you can check if the answer is "yes" or "no" to this on ATP's website as well as reading up on details about the JM-curated event.
So that leaves the line-up looking like this:
Jeff Mangum, Fleet Foxes, Boredoms, Low, The Fall, Superchunk, The Olivia Tremor Control, Mike Watt & George Hurley perform the songs of the MINUTEMEN, Robyn Hitchcock performs I Often Dream Of Trains, Group Inerane, Scratch Acid, Young Marble Giants, The Magic Band, The Raincoats performing The Raincoats, A Hawk And A Hacksaw performing a new and original soundtrack to Shadows Of Forgotten Ancestors, Yann Tiersen, Elephant 6 Holiday Surprise, Half Japanese, Tinariwen, The Apples In Stereo, Colin Stetson, Micachu And The Shapes and Lost In The Trees.
Personally my heart skips a beat every time I read Scratch Acid. It's bringing me close to tears even writing it. Honestly, I'm holding them back. But yeah, that's not a bad bunch, is it? The festival runs from 2-4 December this year, for your information.
- In Photos: Latitude Festival 2012 - Day 2 @ Henham Park, Suffolk
- DiS' 15 Must-See Bands at Latitude 2012: 10-7: Bon Iver, Sam Airey, Low, Kurt Vile
- In Photos: Low @ Royal Festival Hall, London
- Low, Walls and dEUS join the Latitude Line-up
- Five For Friday: Blood Red Shoes, Spiritualized, Plan B, Low, Chromatics
- In Photos: ATP Festival curated by Jeff Mangum @ Butlins, Minehead
- Artist Lists: Antlers, Cut Copy, Destroyer, Aidan Moffat + more share their Five Favourite LPs of '1
- Singles of the Year 2011!