- CocoRosie »
I'd always wondered if sibling duo CocoRosie wore all of that garb and make-up everywhere they go, even in interviews. It turns out they do. Bianca and Sierra released their latest album, Grey Oceans, at the end of April. It fitS in with the aesthetic of their previous works, all being fairly distinctively in their own little world, a world created and intriguing.
We interviewed the sisters recently with the help of BeatCast.tv to chat about gender roles, the nomadic recording process of the new album and their unconventional approach to percussion. Here's how it went, watch the video clip below. You've got to give them respect for at least wandering around like that, if nothing else, huh? Interview conducted by DiS scribe Kevin EG Perry.
And while we're on the issue of CocoRosie, there was a brilliant artists dialogue on StereoGum yesterday about the sisters, with contributions from Antony Hergarty, Wild Beasts, Nico Muhly, Jamie Stewart and Annie Clark. That can be read here.
- In Photos: Meltdown Festival 2012 @ Southbank Centre, London
- Meltdown 2012: The DiS Preview + Playlist + Archive Content
- When Artwork Goes Wrong: The 10 Worst Album Covers of the 00's
- Drowned in Sound celebrates 10 years with a 2-hour takeover of BBC 6Music
- Spotifriday #50 - This Week on DiS as a (collaborative) playlist
- 'Creativity is our religion': Watch DiS meet CocoRosie
- Watch: CocoRosie - 'Lemonade'
- In Photos: ATP curated by Matt Groening - Day 3