- Department Of Eagles »
Department of Eagles' 2008 record In Ear Park was a particular highlight of the year, gaining particular praise from the wider critical community, and deservedly so, as consistently brilliant it was. Though we will probably have to wait a while yet for the proper follow-up to it, today brings us good news nonetheless.
Bella Union have confirmed the release date for a new collection of unreleased songs and recordings, entitled Archive 2003-2006. The LP features tracks from the band's somewhat failed attempt at recording a whole album in unfamiliar circumstances over the course of a month in January 2006, as well as a b-side produced by Chris Taylor of Grizzly Bear. Though don't think of it as failed more...'un...utilised'.
Tracks contained on Archive are as follows:
- Practice Room Sketch 1
- Deadly Disclosure
- While We're Young
- Grand Army Plaza
- Practice Room Sketch 2
- Brightest Minds
- Practice Room Sketch 3
- Practice Room Sketch 4 (Tired Hands)
- Golden Apple
- Practice Room Sketch 5
There is also a track from it to stream - 'Brightest Minds' - which you can do below.
The record will be released on Monday January 19 through Bella Union.
- Department Of Eagles - The Cold Nose (reissue)
- Department Of Eagles - Archive: 2003-2006
- Listen: Department of Eagles - 'Brightest Minds'
- Spotifriday #5 - This Week on DiS as a Playlist
- Video Drowned-Up: PJ Harvey, YYYs, P.Wolf, Sigur Ros, Grizzly/Panda Bear...
- News Drowned-Up: 4AD, The Dead Weather, My Latest Novel and more
- Letter from a Grizzly Bear: Ed Droste tells DiS about Veckatimest
- Department Of Eagles - In Ear Park