Ever since the news was announced that Thurston Moore was to 'lecture' some very young people about the wonder of white noise and related music we hoped that someone who was present would record something. Now our wish has been granted (via TwentyFourBit).
We're not entirely sure what the educational part of the programme involved, but here's what happened when the children were let loose with a variety of noise-making implements. Godspeed should totally get them to play at their ATP. That would be the most amazing thing ever. Almost as good as the zebra finches offering their take on the genre.
Spectacular, or spectacularly pointless?
- Sonic Youth - Smart Bar Chicago 1985
- "It just opened up a faucet or something"- DiS meets Lee Ranaldo of Sonic Youth
- Album Stream: Lee Ranaldo Between The Times And The Tides
- Mixtape: Factory Floor's Favourite Non-Traditional "Love Songs"
- List: Jim Sclavunos of Grinderman's 10 Favourite Record Shops
- Spotifriday #79 - This Week on DiS as a playlist
- Sonic Youth - Simon Werner A Disparu
- Mixtape Monday: 10 Songs That influenced Mogwai by Stuart Braithwaite