- The Chap »
In a slightly unconventional tactic, The Chap have decided to promote their new record by releasing a version of it which is but three-and-a-half minutes long, compressed for your listening 'pleasure'. You can listen to that edition of Well Done Europe by visiting their BandCamp here. The chances of you getting through all of it are minimal, though it does provide a more accurate preview than just one track might.
Still, Keith Duncan had this to say about it:
"We time-compressed the entire album into 3 minutes and 30 seconds. It's the future of music consumption. All the emotional gain, without the investment of time."
The Chap's new record will most likely be as strange as the previous ones. It's released on May 24 through through Lo Recordings and contains the following tracks:
- We'll See To Your Breakdown
- Even Your Friend
- We Work In Bars
- Gimme Legs
- Well Done You
- Nevertheless, The Chap
- Pain Fan
- Maroccan Nights
- Few Horoscope
- Chalet Chalet
This picture was sent with the press release. I'm not sure if it's of the band, but I'd like to believe this is how they spend their bank holiday weekends playing parlour games.
- The Chap - We Are the Best
- Listen: Download The Chap - 'Nevertheless, The Chap' Family Fodder remix
- Reeperbahn Festival Preview
- This Week's Singles: 02/08/10
- DiS meets The Chap
- The Chap - Well done Europe
- The Chap to release new record, compress whole thing into 3.29 track
- DrownedinSound's Singles of the Year: 2009