Danger Mouse is a man who is no stranger to collaboration. He's pretty much embraced it as a way of life, but have his recent projects suffered in quality? Well, that's open to debate, but we should at least retain a strand of optimism over the upcoming work with The Shins' James Mercer, under the name Broken Bells.
The self-titled debut album has just been confirmed for released on March 8 through Columbia. It features a whole ten tracks, including songs with these titles:
- 'The High Road'
- 'Your Head Is On Fire'
- 'The Ghost Inside'
- 'Sailing To Nowhere'
- 'Trap Doors'
- 'The Mall and Misery'
...and two more, the titles of which aren't clear.
No, we don't have the remotest what it's going to sound like JUST yet, though the press release states that all of the songs are "melodically seductive and psychologically provocative" which, in real speak, doesn't really nail things down to a genre or styled sound.
Never fear, though, the band's first single, entitled 'The High Road' will be previewing on their website from Monday December 21, which is fairly soon.
The pair previously worked together on the track 'Insane Lullaby' for the David Lynch/Mouse/Sparklehorse Dark Night Of The Soul project, and will continue to work under the name Broken Bells into the future, which will hopefully be pretty rosy for both them and us.
- On the DiS stereo: November 2012
- This Week's Singles: 15/08/11 Battles, Darren Hayman, Toro Y Moi, Danger Mouse
- Danger Mouse, Daniele Luppi - Rome
- David Lynch and Danger Mouse discuss Dark Night of the Soul
- Dark Night Of The Soul to get official July release
- Dark Night Of The Soul to get official release
- Listen: Broken Bells - 'The High Road'
- Mercer vs. Mouse: Broken Bells set for March release