Black Flag singer and possible scariest man in the world Henry Rollins has just confirmed some UK and Irish tour dates for early 2010. Like really early. We're talkin' January time. Just don't expect any music, they're spoken word or, as most people like to call it, 'talking'. Broadly lectures, you could say.
The tour is the 'Frequent Flyer' tour, though we're not sure exactly what he'll be talking about, but we are sure it'll be worth hearing. You'd better make him think that, anyway. Possibly about carbon emissions? Greenhouse gases? Street teams? Who knows?
Here are the dates, prices in brackets:
12 - Dublin, Vicar Street (€26)
13 - Glasgow, Academy (£17.50)
14 - Leicester, De Montfort Hall (17.50)
15 - London, Royal Festival Hall (£17.50/£20)
16 - Manchester, Lowry (£18.50/£23.50)
17 - Leamington, Assembly (£20)
18 - Norwich, UEA (£15/£17)
19 - Bournemouth, Opera House (£17.50)
20 - Liverpool, Academy (£17.50)
21 - Newcastle, Academy (£17.50)
22 - Leeds, Academy (£17.50)
More information available from the official website.
Here's the sort of thing he's done before:
- In Photos: Camp Bestival 2012 @ Lulworth Castle, Dorset
- Spotifriday #83: This Week as a Playlist ft. Battles, Tom Waits, Strokes, Pixies, Austra
- The Flaming Lips to cover Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon
- UK Money Train: Henry Rollins announces January tour
- Plain White T's and Jeffrey Lewis among new names for Reading and Leeds festivals
- Speaking words: Henry Rollins is coming for you, UK
- DiS @ Summer Sundae: find out which of the new additions will be on our stage
- Henry Rollins at Paradiso, Amsterdam, Wed 23 Jan