27 is a pretty rock 'n' roll age, yeah? Seems like a good time to celebrate and commemorate the legendary Madchester club The Hacienda, yeah? Well, it is.
To mark its 27th birthday, The Hacienda is having a home-coming party at Sankey's, Manchester, on Sunday May 3rd. But on a Sunday?! Well, it just so happens that the first weekend in May happens to be a Bank Holiday, so you'll be thankful you don't have to drag your dehydrated, aching body to the desk the next day. So that's that sorted.
Upstairs sees FAC 51 fave night The Temperance Club revived, with original resident DJ Dave Haslam, New Order/Joy Division bass-man Peter Hook, and Manc ret-lectro quarter The Whip hitting the decks. Well, at least Hooky and Dave Haslam might be worth seeing...
Downstairs has Underworld's (those that did 'Born Slippy'...) Darren Emerson and Justin Robertson and Jon Dasilva, who will surely throw a fair few balearic grooves for the throngs to indulge in.
Sankey's is located at the Beehive Mill, Jersey St, Manchester M4 6JG.
- In Photos: Beach Break Live 2012 @ Pembrey Country Park, Wales
- In Photos: Beached Festival 2012 @ Castlefield Arena, Manchester
- The Whip - Wired Together
- The Whip return with Wired Together (Album Sampler)
- Mixtape: Liverpool's SoundCity Festival ft Emmy the Great, Kurt Vile, Clinic, Braids
- Fu-ked Up, The Whip, Forest Swords, Kurt Vile +more confirmed for DiS at Liverpool SoundCity
- May Day! Hacienda birthday bash announced...
- London Airwaves: The Review