iForward, Russia! announce last show... for now?
- ¡Forward Russia! »
Soon-to-be inactive Leeds quartet iForward, Russia! will play their final show ("for the foreseeable future" - according to label Cooking Vinyl) at the Brainwash Festival in their hometown of Leeds on Friday October 17.
The event takes place at the Brudenell Social Club (where DiS interviewed them earlier this year), and will also see performances from fellow locals Sky Larkin, Vessels, These Monsters, Wintermute, Paul Marshall and That Fucking Tank over the course of its weekend-long tenure. Tickets you say? Try here.
iForward, Russia! singer Tom Woodhead has also spoken out in an attempt to clear up the confusion regarding the band's future plans. Here's what he said... verbatim:
"We HAVEN'T split up, the message _[we put out about the break] was carefully worded so as not to give that impression but obviously it hasn't worked 100%. We also deliberately avoided the word 'hiatus' because that has obvious splitting-up connotations but people have shoehorned in there. At the moment, we have no timetabled plans to do anything, but at some point in the future we do intend to write new songs. When that will be no-one knows."_
- Ten Years Of Camden Crawl: Then and Now
- Win: Constellations festival tickets + Leeds goodie bag!
- Leeds Day: 10 Years in... Leeds - Whiskas' Mixtape
- Leeds Day: Eating your way around Leeds
- In Photos: ¡Forward Russia! & Rolo Tomassi @ Brainwash Festival
- Get Brainwash'ed in Leeds this weekend
- Pulled Across The UK: Leeds rockers release debut single, hit the road
- iForward, Russia! announce last show... for now?