World record broken for number of samples used in one track?
You know we mentioned we were launching new sites? Well, as part of the launch of one of them, we’ve commissioned a mash-up. And it seems to have broken a world record.
The Quietus asked DJ Osymyso to concoct a sonic puzzle which draws its sources from the last 35 years of music to represent the wide spread of genres that the site covers. What came back blew our minds. Hear it HERE.
And it turns out that DJ Osymyso has accidentally beaten the world record for number of samples used in one track. (Easily the most proficient on the album front is Girl Talk, but even DJ Earworm struggles to get more than 25 songs into one track.) We're now sitting around awaiting a call from the chaps from Guinness World Records.
- Watch: RadioSoulwax Presents Dave
- In Photos: Bestival 2012 @ Robin Hill Country Park, Isle Of Wight
- Bestival 2009: The DiS review
- In Photos: Bestival 2009
- World record broken for number of samples used in one track?
- Update! Battles and Soulwax WILL play Wild in the Country
- Get Loaded gets acts: Kate Nash, Supergrass, Maccabees, Ipso Facto
- Royal T-rib-ute: Soulwax, Peaches, Kode 9 for Prince covers record