Sludge summer: Manatees on tour
Admired Carlisle sludge-metal trio Manatees - officially the loudest band to ever play a DiScover Club show - are on tour from July 19 alongside Year Of The Man and Holy Roar-signed outfit Throats.
The three-piece have released a split 12" with The Freezing Fog via EyesOfSound, which will be available on the following dates:
19 Glasgow Nice N Sleazy's
20 Aberdeen Tunnels
21 Edinburgh Henry's Cellar Bar
22 Lancaster Yorkshire House
23 Leicester Firebug
24 Stoke The Bandstand
25 Leeds Library
26 London Metro
27 Margate Friends to all Nations all-dayer
28 Portsmouth Rifle Club
29 Southend Chinnerys
30 Norwich Queen Charlotte
31 Sheffield Casbah
1 Manchester Cafe Saki
2 Carlisle Brickyard
8 Bolton Dog & Partridge
10 Reading Face Bar
Sample the band's wares on MySpace, particularly their hella-decent collaboration with Oxbow's Eugene Robinson, 'The Pulp Cut'.
- Sludge summer: Manatees on tour
- Up they go: Down I Go and Manatees take Scotland
- Tonight: Manatees, Charlottefield and more at London DiS show
- Manatees: sticking it to "stuck-up c*nts"
- Manatees on tour: this week
- September shows: starting Saturday!
- Charlottefield added to September DiS show bill
- Manatees London DiS date: full bill confirmed