Getting punched by Winehouse "part of the Glastonbury experience"
- Amy Winehouse »
The Glastonbury-goer whacked by Amy Winehouse during the singer's Pyramid Stage set at the weekend has spoken to the BBC about his brush with a celebrity swinger.
Winehouse could clearly be seen lashing out at 25-year-old Londoner James Gostelow in footage of the festival, broadcast by the BBC. Missed it? Here:
On the incident, Mr Gostelow commented to the BBC:
"At the end of the day it is all part of being at the front and being pushed by thousands of people. It is all part of the Glastonbury experience."
Michael Eavis, Glasto Supremo, defended Winehouse after the footage was beamed around the globe on Saturday night, saying she'd been touched by a fan. The footage seems to show a hat, tossed from the crowd, hitting the singer before she punches at Mr Gostelow. A case of mistaken identity, it seems. That said, why jump into the pit for your last two songs if you're that bothered about people potentially touching you?
Watch the interview in full here.
DiScuss: Just got in from Glasto? What were your highlights?
- The Insider: How the 'Albums Artist' is being strangled
- Getting punched by Winehouse "part of the Glastonbury experience"
- Tabloid tattle: Winehouse has lung disease
- Winehouse plays Mandela charity bash
- Drug pun: Amy Winehouse added to Glastonbury line-up, Jay-Z collaboration on the cards?
- Watch: Pete Doherty, Amy Winehouse, baby mice, WTF?!
- Chart Round-up: Madonna journeys south
- Try another day: Amy Winehouse sacks off Bond theme