Harsh but fair: Jarv disses Blunt
James Blunt’s popular chart hit ‘You’re Beautiful’ is ‘a lie’, according former Pulp singer and solo artist Jarvis Cocker.
Writing on The Telegraph’s website, Cocker called out Blunt, who has been linked with a string of beauties and been known to roam topless in the snow, for his shit lyrics.
Said Jarv: “Attacking James Blunt may seem like shooting fish in a barrel, but I'm going to do it anyway.
“There's just one point that really gets me with his song ‘You're Beautiful’. Look at the lyrics. "My life is brilliant" - that isn't the bit that gets me, but immediately I don't really like him. "My love is pure. I saw an angel, of that I'm sure. She smiled at me on the subway, but she was with another man. But I won't lose no sleep over that, 'cos I've got a plan."
“This is the bit that gets me. So actually now I'm interested. He's got a plan. I'm going to stick with this and find out what it is. So, I'm listening."
Alas, Cocker waited in vain, as it slowly transpired Blunt had nothing of the sort and was, in fact, writing a shit lyric.
To wit: "There must be an angel with a smile on her face, when she thought up that I should be with you. But it's time to face the truth, I will never be with you." That's the plan?! There is no plan! Whatever other deficiencies the song may have, this is the biggest one - it's a lie! There is no plan and there never was."
DiScuss: Are there any other artists who annoy you by having shit lyrics in their songs which they think no-one will notice?
- Death Cab, Ting Tings, N*E*R*D and more join iTunes live event
- Harsh but fair: Jarv disses Blunt
- Boring music sends you to sleep: report
- Singles Round-up (24/03/08)
- Goodbye my lover: Noel Gallagher can’t bear to live on the same island as James Blunt
- Chart round-up: SFG versus PWT's
- Chart round-up: nation forgets to buy chocolate
- British music industry offically 'good' again; James Blunt leads us out of the darkness