Nu-romantique: Mark Ronson and Duran Duran pair up for one-off Paris concert
Duran Duran have roped in celebrity producer Mark Ronson to add a smattering of interest to a one-off hits show the band are playing in France this summer.
Ronson is currently in the studio remixing various Duran Duran tracks, though it’s not known which. The concert in question takes place at La Cigale in Paris on the 2nd of July.
"He's taking popular music in a new, exciting and fresh direction," Simon le Bon said of Ronson, for whom he’ll guest on vocals during the producer’s support slot in Paris.
"He also looks great in a well cut suit, and has the blood and voice of an Englishman."
Ronson is similarly chuffed with the arrangement, remarking that Le Bon’s troupe “were the only band I ever idolised” and that he “used to take a picture of (Duran Duran bass player) John Taylor with me to the barber shop”.
DiScuss: whose picture do you take to the barber shop?
Got news? Email us at email@example.com
- Death Cab for Bass: Mixtape of Songs That Inspired Nick to Play Bass
- Nu-romantique: Mark Ronson and Duran Duran pair up for one-off Paris concert
- New romantic? Simon le Bon laments Amy Winehouse’s ‘tits’
- Gogol think global: Madge collaboration at Live Earth
- Duran Duran work with Timberlake and Timbaland on new LP
- Duran Duran guitarist leaves band
- Duran Duran Confirm Spring Shows
- Doves, Reef, Brian Wilson, Duran Duran - DVD Roundup: The Good, The Bad And The Downright Reef