Get Loaded gets acts: Kate Nash, Supergrass, Maccabees, Ipso Facto
- Soulwax »
- Supergrass »
- The Gossip »
- Iggy Pop »
- Ipso Facto »
- Gogol Bordello »
- The Maccabees »
- Kate Nash »
Seems like print had the jump on us this week, as London megazine Time Out carried the next batch of acts for this year’s Get Loaded before we even knew they existed. Deadlines save lives?
Anyway, all creatures great and small will join Iggy and the Stooges - confirmed last week – in Clapham this summer, Supergrass, Gogol Bordello, The Gossip, Kate Nash, The Maccabees and **Ipso Facto (pictured) lining up to provide elation/dejection, depending on your personal brains:balls ratio.
Reverend and the Makers are playing too, though they were removed from the above equation for fear of insulting the readership. DrownedinSound is aware of the legal implications carried with the inference that any of you are subnormal.
Over with Beth Ditto on the Together/_Time Out (ohhh) Dance Stage will be Soulwax, Mylo (DJ Set), The Presets and Boys Noize, with **Streetlife and Union DJs bolstering the undercard.
Get Loaded in the Park takes place on Bank Holiday Sunday, the 24th of August on Clapham Common, South London. ‘Early bird’ tickets are all gone, so you’ll have to make do with their lazier brethren though the price only increases by a couple of quid, to £35 plus booking fee. Find them at number of online and bricks and mortar outlets, all listed here.
- Watch: RadioSoulwax Presents Dave
- In Photos: Bestival 2012 @ Robin Hill Country Park, Isle Of Wight
- Bestival 2009: The DiS review
- In Photos: Bestival 2009
- World record broken for number of samples used in one track?
- Update! Battles and Soulwax WILL play Wild in the Country
- Get Loaded gets acts: Kate Nash, Supergrass, Maccabees, Ipso Facto
- Royal T-rib-ute: Soulwax, Peaches, Kode 9 for Prince covers record