The Kills, Irmin Schmidt, Jason Molina, Lykke Li and more to play London instores next weekend
The Kills (pictured), Billy Bragg, Jason Molina and Can’s Irmin Schmidt are among those who’ll be turning out next weekend for Record Store Day.
15 shops in the UK who recently joined to form ‘The Coalition of UK Independent Record Stores’ (‘The Coalition’ for short) will take part in the international initiative, hosting a number of live appearances within their walls next Saturday, 19th of April. Among them are Rough Trade East and Piccadilly Records, details of whose line-ups we have below:
Rough Trade East
12.00 – 12.20 / Virgin Passages
12.35 – 12.55 / Eugene McGuinness
1.10 – 1.30 / Idle Lovers
1.45 – 2.05 / Jason Molina
2.20 – 2.40 / The Metros
2.55 – 3.15 / Veils
3.30 – 3.50 / Lykke Li
4.05 – 4.25 / Make Model
4.40 – 5.00 / Baltic Fleet
5.00 – 6.00 / Schmidt (Irmin, Can) and Kumo
6.00 – 6.40 / Billy Bragg
6.40 – 8.40 / Flying Lotus Vs Pivot DJs Vs Warp DJs
1.00 - 1.40 / The Kills
Looking to the future, ‘The Coalition’ hope to release exclusive 180 gm vinyl reissues alongside brand new product, protecting the role of the local independent record shop.
Across the Atlantic, artists are doing other things for Record Store Day - Björk is screening that 3D video she's made for 'Wanderlust', while Vampire Weekend are releasing an exclusive 7".
Got news? Email us at email@example.com
- Björk - Bastards
- Open'er 2012: Penderecki's violin revolution in Poland
- DiS' Favourite Albums of 2011: 49-21
- Nordic Music Prize 2011 shortlist announced
- Nordic Sounds #1 - Backwards and Forwards
- Watch: Björk performs 'Thunderbolt' live
- Spotifriday #112: Bjork, Burial, Mozart, SBTRKT, Laurel Halo, Ryan Adams...
- Interview: Bjork talks piracy, punk, Lady Gaga and Biophilia