Jackson 5 to reform
More on that rumoured Jackson 5 reunion tour – Jermaine Jackson today revealing that plans are being made for a world tour and that brother Michael will be involved.
Speaking to BBC6music show The Music Week, Jermaine confirmed that: “Michael will be involved. We want to tour. We want to touch the lives of everybody who’s bought our records and supported us.
“It will probably start here first, but it will be sometime in 2008. That’s our plan.”
Talking more on the context of any possible regrouping, Jermaine explained that they felt they owed it to their international army of supporters to go out with a final hurrah.
“I’m gonna say thank you,” Jackson gushed, “thank you, thank you so much to all the fans and the supporters of my family all over Europe, all over the UK especially, who came out to show their love and their support.
“We feel we have to give you back so much. So that’s why we feel we have to do it one more time. We owe that to the fans and to the public. There have been meetings and talks and we are still in those meetings putting everything back together as well as being back in the studio.”
Sweet. The production on this makes it sound like Ariel Pink.
Video: Jermaine Jackson: 'Do What You Do'
Got news? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for back slaps and a credit...
- Michael Jackson - Bad (25th anniversary edition)
- DiS Does Pop #7: The 10 Commandments of Teen Pop
- Spotifriday #14 - This Week on DiS as a playlist
- No More Kings: The Last Of Michael Jackson, III
- No More Kings: The Last Of Michael Jackson, II - a playlist
- No More Kings: The Last Of Michael Jackson, I
- Glastonbury Diary 2009: Thursday
- Michael Jackson to release fans-voted best-of