Timbaland to quit? 'I'm bored of your Earth music'
- Timbaland »
Timbaland has hinted - quite heavily - that he is to get out of this music game.
"Music is boring right now," said Timbaland, real name Timothy Z. Mosley. "I'm too innovative for the world."
Earth; population: 6,602,224,175.
"I've been doing it so long, I'm about to throw in the towel," continued the producer. "I'm about to de-crown myself and pass it over to one of the up-and-coming producers under me."
"They won't be able to be me - there's only one Timbaland - but there's a certain sound that I try to teach."
It may be possible that Timbaland's comments bear some relation to his recent work on the new Duran Duran album. It's possible.
- Hip hopped up: 50 Cent, Blige, Timbaland linked to illegal steroids
- Chart round-up: just one falsetto, give it to me...
- Chart round-up: Robyn Kleers Up! Nash slays Potts!
- Gogol think global: Madge collaboration at Live Earth
- Timbaland to quit? 'I'm bored of your Earth music'
- Rough and tumble, Timbaland style: rapper arrested
- Video for M.I.A's new single, album tracklisting revealed
- California in focus: The KCRW Corner