Ex-Larrikin boy to tour with Courtney
Courtney Love has turned to the services of ex-Larrikin Love-r Micko Larkin to provide guitar on her upcoming tour.
The somewhat unlikely union was revealed in a posting on Courtney's blog - all SPAG is covered with a [sic] proviso. So, if you dare...
"The...guy is from a band called Larrakin Love. His guitar playing blew me away because it's just so fucking MODERN. It's Jonny Greenwood and Jack White and now and he's not stuck in any nineties rut."
The posting also included details of another, mystery hiring:
"I found out later (he) models on the side...but I'll admit it, I really hired him 'cos he looks so much like Kurt.
"It's weird, and he can play really well. He didn't kill me but he swore if I gave him a week he'd learn everything. He's blonde and soooooooo beautiful and his guitar playing is great."
Love continued to reveal plans to play a secret show in London on her birthday, the 9th of July. DiS is gonna be loitering outside Brentford Stripes bar that Monday night. Yes.
- Courtney Love wishes Frances Bean a happy birthday on Twitter
- Hole gig cancelled due to (unrelated) riot
- Hole are back! But not in the way you or anyone else would like!
- News Drowned-Up: Animal Collective, Stevie Nicks, Billy Corgan, Courtney Love, Sigur Ros + more!
- Courtney Love vs. Twitter
- Larrikin Love: Courtney scraps solo record for collaboration with indie guitarist
- Death of the critic: Courtney Love 4 Charlie Brooker
- Courtney: "I'm not wild"