DiScover Club: this weekend, Saturday May 5!
Hooray - or is that 'hurray'? Either way: it's the weekend! And this weekend's super special, and not just because the mighty Southampton could secure a place in the play-offs. Oh no... we've a DiScover Club to dance at.
Playing live, tomorrow (May 5), we have:
Meet Me In St Louis - Surrey/London-based punk-rockers with odd timings and sexy moves. The five-piece recently wrapped up the recording of their debut album alongside acclaimed producer Alex Newport - listen out for songs from the forthcoming Variations On Swing long-player.
Chow Chow (pictured) - London-based pop-rocking trio that have us dancing about the office like loons. We played their 'Dear Francis' single on the last DiScover podcast - download it here - alongside an exclusive Meet Me In St Louis song. Think Pixies meeting Franz Ferdinand in a school music room full of electric keyboards. Yeah.
Favours For Sailors - London three-piece with a fine collection of songs that echo the scruffy college rock of Pavement yet jerk and twitch like the best post-punk around. Expect humour and good times, as well as swinging hips and pouting lips.
The small print:
This show is open to over-18s only, and is a free-entry event. There are cheap drinks at the bar and doors open from 4pm until 8pm. Notting Hill Arts Club is at 21 Notting Hill Gate, London W11 3JQ. The show is run in conjunction with RoTa/Rough Trade Shops. Click HERE for further details.
DiScover the participating bands!
- Big Scary Monsters celebrate ton of releases with CD/DVD combo
- Column: Drowned In Scary Monsters #5 - The DIY Uprising
- Meet Me In St Louis Day: DiS remembers MMISL and looks to the future
- Guest Column: Drowned in Scary Monsters #2
- 50, not out: Monsters celebrate half century with massive compilation
- DiScover: MySpace Trail #2
- RIP: Meet Me In St. Louis
- Meet Me In St. Louis plan first dates as quartet