A Camp single & album, the end of The Cardigans?
The single "I Can Buy You" will be followed by the release of the A-Camp album.
The recording took place in Woodstock, New York. The band was hand-picked by Nina, Mark and Nathan Larson, who appears as the bass player on the album. Niclas also joined them to play on some of the tracks. Nina describes the recording session as "a playground... a sound that was both gritty and emotionally raw".
When asked about her solo career versus life in a band, Nina replied, "The Cardigans is my family...as important to me as my biological family. It is as it is with parents, you can't live without them, but you don't want to live with them all the time either. Recently, we all met up in Los Angeles, stayed in a house on the beach for a week and realised that it is fun to continue being a band".
A-Camp play V 2001 and a special one off date at Shepherds Bush Empire on Aug 22nd.
- 10 Years of Singer-Songwriters: Some Thoughts
- David Lynch and Danger Mouse discuss Dark Night of the Soul
- Dark Night Of The Soul to get official July release
- NewsRound: The first quarter of 2010 in NEWS
- Drowned in March 2010: a Spotify playlist
- The Rings of Saturn on Your Fingers: Metric's Emily Haines on Mark Linkous
- Spotifriday #37 - This Week on DiS as a playlist
- R.I.P Mark Linkous