New mag alert: Amped turns up the volume
The Brighton-based, national title, launced in July, is according to publishers theretheremedia: "a new monthly magazine dedicated to music, DVD, games and gadgets in sumptuous colour."
It's available at selected supermarkets and free with Loot magazine. The August issue (front page, pictured), out now, includes articles on Clor, Goldfrapp, Gorillaz, Mylo, plus a plethora of news, reviews, and competitions.
Looks pretty, doesn't it?
DiScuss: Sales may be on the up, but don't publishers remember the bursting of the music mag bubble a few years back, when X-Ray, Bang and more bit the dust? Are there any mags out there treading a fine line between an exclusive audience and financial ruin?
- Moving Pictures: Videos of the Year - 1st Quarter 2012
- Gorillaz - The Singles Collection 2001-2011
- Gorillaz - The Fall
- Last.fm reveal most listened to artists of 2010
- Drowned in Sound Albums of the Year 2010: 75-51
- In Photos: Gorillaz @ Brighton Centre
- Spotifriday #71 - This Week on DiS as a playlist
- Spotifriday #70 - This Week on DiS as a playlist