Ben Lee creates a mix tape. Lots of people sing
Another mooted collaborator, Actress Zooey Deschanel told aforementioned source: “I ran into Ben at a coffeehouse, and he was like, 'Oh, do you want to sing on my mixtape?' And then he went and wrote a song in a style that he thought I would write a song." The result being a song called 'You’re The Reason', featuring Deschanel on piano.
Lee said that he would write songs for other people’s voices or tunes that just weren’t Ben Lee songs. He said: “I'd wake up with some crazy idea, like, 'I want Alanis Morissette to sing this song,' That wasn't going to happen, and then it was like, 'OK, well, what about Bob Mould? What about Har Mar Superstar? (pictured together)' So that's the concept."
- Science Fiction & Sylver Tongue: DiS meets Charlotte Hatherley
- A Record Store'll Change Your Life, I Swear By Sean Adams
- La La Love You Pixies: Ash's Tim Wheeler & Emmy The Great in conversation at JD Set
- WIN a behind the scenes pass to this year's JD Set with Tim Wheeler & Emmy the Great
- In Photos: Ash @ Shepherds Bush Empire, London
- Win: A pair of VIP tickets to see Ash
- This Week's Singles: 02/08/10
- In Photos: Glastonbury Festival 2010 - Day 4