Further Steps back in time...
- Steps »
More news hot off the MTV grapevine... or lukewarm, at least.
According to the music channel's news department - let's call it MTV News - Steps are seriously considering reforming. Members have attempted various projects since the five-piece's demise, but none have been all that successful.
So that's All Saints, 5ive, Take That, East 17...
Lee Latchford-Evans, the marginally less-annoying male in the group, told MTV News:
"You shouldn't rule out a Steps comeback. I know Five are doing it, and we were the biggest pop act in the UK at the time, so why not.
"I'm not sure about a new career and new albums, but as for a tour or whatever, why not? I don't think any of us would rule it out but it'd have to be the right time. I'd love to do some of it as Steps was then, and some of it as Steps moving on. Like an acoustic version of Steps or whatever."
An acoustic version of Steps? I need a drink.
- DiS Does Pop #8: Is retromania ruining pop?
- "Call the people who can lose you a million pounds, there’s a credibility there" - DiS meets Pete Wa
- Further Steps back in time...
- Scott-Lee wants pop at Eurovision
- Further celebrity bitching: Waterman vs Doherty
- Lisa Scott-Reality TV
- Don't Stop The Pop! Dumb pop news for a dumb Monday
- DiS Plays Pop (So You Don't Have To)