- R*E*P*E*A*T »
'Beautiful Velocity' features a chiming, rippling guitar line with a ricocheting clarity to it, lasting just long enough to ensure it will bounce round your head forever before a stuttering-drum explosion of distortion kicks into gear over the chorus. A pleasing mixture of tune and rock sensibilities, with both coming together over the bridge before That Riff reappears and fades away. And as well as pulling together verse and chorus in the musical sense, a haunting echo added to the vocals over the bridge emphasises the feeling throughout this song of something unspoken lurking somewhere in the silence between the notes, which gives the song a sense of aching and melancholy which seems to come from beyond the explicit tune but is never quite spelt out.
And as for Tex La Homa collaboration 'All I Want is Out', it’s simply beautiful. I’ve had this song on repeat play for ages, and it still tugs at my insides every time I play it. 'AIWIO' is a perfect slice of soft, aching melancholy which washes over you and leaves you breathless. The emotional impact is instant, and lasts for listen after enchanted listen. Hear it. You need to. I haven’t a bad word to say about this song.
- DiS is 8! A stumble down memory lane...
- Reading and Leeds to be headlined by Americans
- DiScover: Open Mouth
- Miss Black America take time off, side-projects are go!
- DiS @ Essex Uni: R.I.P. It Up!
- Great! Ormond Street benefit with Redjetson and more
- This April: Things to do in Cambridge When You're Dead (Bored)
- Miss Black America - new single, new album, same punishing touring schedule...