- Daft Punk »
- Virgin »
Zees record was made by zome Froggies from gay Paris….lurve capital of zee world and capital of a countrie zat ‘as a reputation as a musical Chernobyl.
Zees album reeks of zee urban cool as personified in zee Parisian catwalks. It pongs like beautifully ripe camembert of “Eighties Chic.” It is so trés à la mode, mes petites caniches, zat it will fit in parfaitement wiz your Ingleesh ‘Oxton crowd of artistes.
Now zen, zees Daft Punks are a little bit tweesteed, yes? Zeir main truc is to repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat…well you get zee idea, zee same bit of music over and over and over and over again until you nearly get absolutely emmerdé wiz it. But zee intelligent bit ‘ere is zat you * DON’T* get completely, how you say? Peesed off wiz zem?
Yes zey drive you up zee wall, yes zey sound like Kraftwerk covering Barry Manilow through a vocoder…but for zees little time, at zees point in time zey sound good. Maybe it is zee Parisian cool, or zee catchiness of zee tunes whereby you are left dangling like a lobster over a pan of boiling water just waiting for zee next ‘ook to come in.
On zee down side in six months time I shall be using zees CD as a drinks coaster.
- First listen: Daft Punk's Random Access Memories
- DiS Does Singles 22.04.13: Daft Punk, Savages, Snakehips, Big Deal
- Daft Punk: Spring Back Into Action? Sign to Sony... New Album...?
- Drowned in Sound Albums of the Year 2010: 75-51
- Daft Punk - Tron: Legacy
- Watch: New Tron trailer with fresh Daft Punk
- New Tron film OST by Daft Punk gets release date
- Daft Punk tour dates leaked, details inside