TITP: Bowie pulls out, Libs don't
The godlike genius of David Bowie has pulled out of all festival appearences/pop concerts in July - that includes T In The Park - "due to the continuing pain and extreme discomfort from a trapped/pinched nerve in his shoulder," according to a statement issued today.
The Libertines, however, are still on for the festival and other planned gigs... but without Pete Doherty. The band told NME: "Peter's erratic mental state worries us greatly and having him on tour would only compound his problems. We aim to complete all existing tour commitments without him."
- DiS Digest: January 2013's Album of the Month, Playlist + more...
- Where Was He Then? David Bowie's Not-So 'Lost' Decade
- Watch: RadioSoulwax Presents Dave
- The DiS Community's... 101 Favourite Albums
- Playlist: Record Store Day 2012
- Hunky Dory movie giveaway: Win £100 HMV Voucher and Headphones!
- Where Is The Thin White Duke? He's In HERE!
- Spotifriday #61 - This week on DiS as a playlist