Sum 41 minus one
- Sum 41 »
Popular rocking types Sum 41 have lost a member. I'd make some rubbish attempt at a maths-related 'joke', but frankly it'd be rubbish, as implied just then. Cos I said rubbish. Three times now. Cos, like, three members are all there are in Sum 41 now. Or. Something.
Anyway, FACTS: Dave Baksh, guitarist, has left the band. Singer and one-time Avril-plugger Deryck Whibley penned the following for the band's official website:
"Yes the rumours are true. Dave has left the band. He was sick of this whole life and would have more fun playing in his own classic metal band.
"There's no hard feelings what so ever. The fact is Dave lost interest a long time ago."
Baksh will concentrate instead on his other band, Brown Brigade. No joke to be made there, oh no.
Sum 41 are yet to name a replacement. They'll probably write a follow-up to 2004's Chuck record at some point, but face it: nothing they'll ever do in the future will match the dumb brilliance of 'In Too Deep'. EVER.
So, if it was minus one, it'd just be Sum 40... but that'd be stupid because three men do not a 40 make... oh... my... head...
- In Photos: Sziget Festival 2012 @ Budapest, Hungary
- In Photos: Sonisphere Festival 2011 @ Knebworth
- SummerSonic 2007: the DiS review
- A Review of 2006: DiS is what it's all about, yo
- Sum 41 minus one
- Avril and Deryck, sitting in a tree...
- Reuben, Engerica and Sum 41. Bedfellows are strange at the best of times...
- Music newsy round-up