It's no shame, you get paid: Lemonheads sign to Vagrant
Recently(ish) reformed janglers The Lemonheads have put pen to paper on a deal with US indie/punk label, Vagrant.
The Evan Dando-fronted outfit have already started work on what will be their eighth studio album, alongside Black Flag producer Bill Stevenson. They were previously signed to Atlantic, where they achieved breakthrough success.
Vagrant president Rich Egan offered the following words:
"The thing I remember most about Vagrant's first year is being locked up in my apartment, drinking coffee, stuffing 7-inches into envelopes and listening to It's A Shame About Ray on cassette all day, every day. If it wasn't for that record, we probably would've left the apartment eventually and given up the label. Nobody writes songs like Evan Dando, nobody sings likes him... the new songs are incredible. He is in top form."
Expect the new album to be in stores come the autumn.
- Lemonheads Truck warm-up cancelled
- It's no shame, you get paid: Lemonheads sign to Vagrant
- Evan Dando's New Single
- Carling Weekender 2003: Carling Stage Reviews
- Winona 4 Oberst: The Story is in The People
- Evan Dando: Instore, Anti-war + May tour
- Dandy Warhols: Album In the Monkey House
- Courtney 'n' Evan