Walsh surprised at Westlife's success
- Westlife »
Louis Walsh is amazed that Westlife have remained popular across the course of seven albums, according to BreakingNews.ie. Yes, the boyband really have released seven albums.
Walsh's initial expectations for his prettyboy outfit were rather less than optimistic: he expected them to last for a couple of years, only.
"It should be all over for a boyband at this stage," said the sometime X-Factor judge, "but Westlife are getting bigger. They're going to be working even harder this year. They're set to record their eighth album after the tour and the aim is to break new territories like Canada where they'll be working in June."
Perhaps the club-happy Canadians will mistake the four still-fresh-of-face fellas for harp seals and do the right thing, eh?
- DiS Does Pop #2 - How Global Radio subverted the UK boy band landscape
- Chart round-up: We're so tired we don't even care that people are buying the new Gwen Stefani single
- Chart round-up: it's a DiScussion, too. Wow!
- Westlife likely to beat both U2 and Oasis to album chart top spot
- DiS's chart update: boybands rule, again!
- Walsh surprised at Westlife's success
- Naomi Awards: celebrating the cackest of the cack in poop musak
- 2005's biggest sellers: Blunt owns all our arses