Stash & Burn Sony! Admire Jakko's Backstuff
The company, founded by singer Peter Gabriel, allows customers to stream, download and "burn" tracks in return for a fixed monthly subscription fee. You'll be able to get over 7,000 Sony tracks, including stuff by the Manics, Good Charlotte and Michael Jackson.
It's the first time public access has been granted to Jakko's 'back catalogue'.
Charles Grimsdale, OD2's chief executive, said: "We can offer consumers a true breadth of choice, as well as superior quality files - two essential planks in our fight to promote legal digital music." He may have continued, "Unfortunately, most of the actual music is shite."
Payment is by monthly subscription, with downloaded tracks able to be burned to CDs for permanent use. Alternatively, if you go outside, there are second hand record shops not too far away.
DiScuss: Can you really be arsed?
- Watch the new film for Manic Street Preachers 'Nat West-Barclays-Midlands-Lloyds'
- Manics Monday: WIN! Generation Terrorists - The Legacy Edition
- Manics Monday: Why Generation Terrorists was the most important debut of the 1990s
- Manics Monday: Rain Down Alienation - Generation Terrorists’ key tracks.
- Manic Street Preachers - Generation Terrorists (20th anniversary legacy edition)
- In Photos: Manic Street Preachers @ O2 Arena, London
- In Photos: XFM Winter Wonderland @ Brixton Academy
- Manic Street Preachers at The O2 Arena, London, Sat 17 Dec