iLiKEPAiNS - indie singer in freak accident
iLiKETRAiNS singer/guitarist David Martin was involved in a freak accident while closing his band's spectacular set at the Dublin Castle, Camden last night.
After playing his guitar rather vigorously, the bearded frontman was removing his trademark railway workers' jacket when he trapped a nerve in his shoulder. Rockstar injuries are not uncommon: once Slash overdosed on drugs before a gig and died. So did Nikki Sixx. Paramedics brought Slash back to life and he was up and playing with Guns 'N' Roses within minutes. That's pretty rock and roll.
Martin's (pictured above, displaying the injured area) iLT bandmates found him gurning in pain after the show and questioned his pain. He said: "I've trapped a nerve... It was when I was taking off my jacket... I was just so warm in it... ARGH!" It is unclear whether the injury will affect the band at all, or whether Martin's side project ambitions will ever be fully realised.iLiKETRAiNS release their new single, 'Terra Nova', later this spring. It's a song about Antarctic exploration with Captain Scott who, incidentally, had dealings with my old school!
- In Photos: I Like Trains @ Cargo, London
- Drowned in Leeds #12
- In Photos: Y-Not Festival 2012 @ Peak District National Park
- In Photos: Live At Leeds Festival 2012
- I Like Trains - The Shallows
- In Photos: DiS Presents I Like Trains @ Soup Kitchen, Manchester
- Drowned in Leeds #10
- Striving To Find Depths In The Shallows; DiS Meets I Like Trains