Roll up! Roll up! We have an extra special competition for a DiS reader and a friend, to sneak in to one of the biggest events of the music calendar to see some of this year's most talked about artists whilst suppin' some complimentary drinks.
One winner will receive a pair of balcony tickets to this year's Barclaycard Mercury Prize awards show, which takes place on this Thursday (November 1st 2012) at the Roundhouse, Camden (London). This includes two 'payband' wristbands (fancy contactless technology from Barclaycard) which get you into the event for an evening that will feature a drinks reception, dinner, an after-party and, yes, will you get to see some music performed live by this year's nominees, and yes-yes, you'll be there to hear Lauren Laverne read out the winner's name too! Sadly, travel and accommodation is not included, but you will get to brag about it for years to come...
Simply tell us in the comments section below or by tweeting us Tweet to @drownedinsound the answer to the following simple question:
Who do you think will win this year's Barclaycard Mercury Music prize?
Forgotten who's nominated? Here's this year's 12 nominees:
- Richard Hawley 'Standing at the Sky's Edge'
- Field Music 'Plumb'
- The Maccabees 'Given to the Wild'
- Plan B 'Ill Manors'
- Lianne La Havas 'Is Your Love Big Enough?'
- Alt-J 'An Awesome Wave'
- Roller Trio 'Roller Trio'
- Michael Kiwanuka 'Home Again'
- Sam Lee 'Ground of its Own'
- Django Django 'Django Django'
- Ben Howard 'Every Kingdom'
- Jessie Ware 'Devotion'
We have also made you a Spotify playlist of all the nominated albums, which opens with a sampler of a track from each nominated album:
Terms & Conditions: Entrants (and your guest) must be 18+. Travel and accommodation is NOT provided. Winner by will be picked and notified at 5pm on Tuesday 30th Oct.
You'll find plenty more info about this year's awards over at http://www.mercuryprize.com. And if you don't win, don't forget you can watch live coverage of Thursday's night at 9.45pm on 4Music and the full awards show will follow at 11.35pm on Channel4 on Friday night.
- WIN! A night out at the Barclaycard Mercury Prize!
- In Photos: Field Music @ The Cockpit, Leeds
- Field Music - Field Music Play...
- In Photos: Green Man Festival 2012 @ Glanusk Park, Wales
- Drowned in the North East #3
- This Week's Singles: 02/07/12 Dirty Projectors, TEMPA T, Field Music, Scuba, Rudi Zygadlo
- In Photos: Field Music @ Rough Trade East, London
- This Week's Singles: 20/02/12 Field Music, Beth Jeans Houghton, Gemma Ray, New Look