This year's Latitude festival line-up just keeps getting bigger and better.
Firstly, DiS is very proud and excited to announce that we'll be one of the official partners of this year's event. We will be revealing a little more about what we have planned nearer the time. Mostly it will involve some exclusive news and insight, as well as back stage chats and sessions filmed in high quality.
Anyway, what you wanna know right now which acts have been added to the festival (which takes play July 12th - 15th near Sothwold in Suffolk), well, there is a feast of new names for you, including: Catherine AD, Slow Club, King Charles, Smoke Fairies, Norman Jay and Of Monsters And Men who join the various main music stages.
The Lake Stage, which will once again by curated by BBC Radio 1 DJ Huw Stephens, has revealed the following line-up of new music:
Tim Ten Yen
Cate Le Bon
Hooray For Earth
The Cast Of Cheers
Also announced today of note to DiSsers is....
- Sadler’s Wells Production, The Most Incredible Thing on The Waterfront Stage, adding to the diverse and exciting dance line-up. It's a collaboration between pop legends Pet Shop Boys and choreographer/director Javier De Fruto.
- In the Film & Music tent, Birds Eye View Springs 2012, will present Mary Pickford’s Sparrows with live accompaniment by Aristazabal Hawkes (of The Guillemots fame) and her band.
- In the Literary Arena, WordTheatre® present contemporary short stories brought to life by a the likes of Downton Abbey’s Dan Stevens, Bond Girl Gemma Arterton, Diana Vickers fresh from the West End, Game of Thrones actor Gethin Anthony, The Awakening’s Lucy Cohu and Emma Rigby from Brit soap Hollyoaks.
- Fast Show comedian Simon Day will read from his comic memoirs,
- Tom Watson, Labour MP and anti-Murdoch campaigner, will be chatting with Rosamund Urwin, Evening Standard columnist and feminist and Ian Birrell, Daily Mail columnist and General Election speech writer for PM David Cameron, in a live debate “What’s the Big Idea?” organised by Instigate Debate. The topic for the debate will be chosen by Latitude festival goers. In the lead up to the Sunday night debate, Instigate Debate will interview as many Latitude festival goers as possible and ask them for unique idea to change for the better. Four ideas will be chosen and debated by the panel.
- Joining Jack Dee, Brian Cox, Tim Minchin and others in the Comedy Arena will be stand-up and Never Mind the Buzzcocks team captain Phill Jupitus.
Plus the next Longitude (a monthly Latitude event) will take place on Monday 14th May and have a taster of what Latitude is all about. It's held at The Century Club in Shaftesbury Avenue this month’s event will feature Luke Wright, Miss Behave, Doc Brown and Catherine A.D. plus a DJ set from DiS editor. For free tickets please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phew, that's a lot of info, and there was plenty more, so fire up latitudefestival.co.uk to find out what else was added on the various stages, and also to pick up your tickets if you haven't already done so.