- LCD Soundsystem »
It's really en vogue to bring our your own brand of coffee nowadays, especially if you're a well-renowned indie musician or band. We've had Bonnie 'Prince' Billy's own in the last couple of weeks, as well as something from David Lynch. Is it all getting a bit tiring for you? Well, if it is then you may soon be able to dose-up on caffeine with a cup/mug/drinking receptacle of LCD Soundsystem's coffee (via The Guardian and NME.com).
That said, it's more of a promise at this embryonic stage as nothing has actually happened yet. It's all talk, but is Murphy a man who keeps his word? According to Grubstreet.com he just wants to "go to a roaster" who lives close by and "start tweaking beans and temperatures". He is, however, in talks about it all. Another fact: he was also bought a training course with the world champion for his birthday. Of Coffee. The world champion of coffee!
Anyway, now the bad news. It appears it will only be available in a single shop. That said, it will probably retail elsewhere for much higher prices, I guess. Can you tout coffee? Will Murphy try and come up with a way of combating this, like happened with the final LCD shows in New York? Perhaps release it in more shops?
- Help us compile The Ultimate Electronic Music playlist and you could win a bag of records
- "No regrets. None."- DiS meets LCD Soundsystem's James Murphy
- Win! Tickets to LCD Soundsystem Shut Up And Play the Hits London Premiere!
- Weekend Listening: LCD Soundsystem, Radiohead, Tom Waits, New Look, Cat Power + more!
- Drowned in Film at Sundance London
- 101 Minutes of Bliss #1: A DiS YouTube Playlist
- Reviewed: Shut Up And Play the Hits a documentary about the last days of LCD Soundsystem
- Friday Fun: Time for some James Murphy coffee?