- Parts & Labor »
10 years is quite a long time for a band to be together. Parts & Labor reach that milestone very soon, in January next year in fact. So, with that, they've released a message letting us know their future plans. Read below for more:
This January, Parts & Labor turns 10 years old. We're planning a string of celebratory shows, in which we play selected material from all of our full length albums, leading up to a big 10th anniversary blow out on February 24th, 2012.
Following these performances, we're going to take an extended hiatus. We feel incredibly fortunate having had a decade of amazing experiences -- making records and new friends, performing with so many killer musicians and artists. But it's time for each of us to focus on personal projects for a while. We're all going to continue to make music through other endeavors.
We'd like to thank everyone who's supported us, bought our albums, seen us live, offered us a floor to sleep on. We love y'all. As a token of our esteem, we're giving away a final song called "No Nostalgia (featuring Todd Bailey and Where's The Party At)", which was recorded during the Receivers sessions, but suddenly seems all too prescient.
Love, Dan/BJ/Joe (Parts & Labor)
So yeah. Unfortunately all of the shows they play are in the USA. Fortunately, they are releasing a free mp3 of a track that was recorded during the Receivers sessions, aptly entitled 'No Nostalgia'. Get it from here.
- Parts & Labor announce 10th anniversary shows, then "do an ATD-I"
- Spotifriday #88 - This week on DiS as a playlist ft. Beastie Boys, of Montreal, Dels
- Watch: Parts & Labor - 'Echo Chamber'
- Spotifriday #81 - This Week on DiS as a playlist
- Parts & Labor - Constant Future
- Parts & Labor to tour England in May
- Listen: Download new Parts & Labor track
- Lost 8 of '08 - #5: Parts & Labor