Following some bad news about Truck festival, here's some good festival news for the good people of Oxford...
DHP Concerts, the fine folks behind Dot-to-Dot - the much-loved multi-city, multi-venue festival - have announced a brand new festival, which is taking place in Oxford for one day in October. On that day (Saturday the 15th October), across the cities finest music establishments you will find a giddying line-up headlined by really-rather great don't-call-him-blubstep DiS-community loved Jamie Woon (pictured), plus an assortment of tip-top talent including: Futures, /\* Alt J, Anothers Blood, Catherine A.D., Hyetal, Man Without Country, Melé and Theme Park but there are plenty more names to be announced in due course.
Sounds a bit good, don't it? A few so-called "Early Bird" tickets are now available for a mere tenner but don't dillydally and get that
worm ticket quick sharp as it goes up to £15 if you don't step on it.
To get tickets, follow them on Facebook and Twitter and all that, visit http://www.leylinesfestival.com.
* = that's meant to be a fancy triangle but DiS' code doesn't allow for one.
- Singles of the Year 2011!
- Pstereo 2011, Norway - The DiS review
- Spotifriday #105 - This week on DiS as a playlist ft. St. Vincent, Beirut, Guided By Voices
- Ley Lines - Oxford's new festival featuring Jamie Woon, Futures, Hyetal, Catherine A.D.
- In Photos: Big Chill Festival 2011 @ Eastnor Castle Deer Park, Herefordshire
- Melt! 2011, Germany - The DiS Review
- In Photos: Jamie Woon @ Shepherds Bush Empire, London
- Jamie Woon - mirrorwriting