As ever, Iceland Airwaves pulls out many of the stops, if not in fact all of them. With just over a couple of months to go until it all kicks off, the festival have just announced another FIFTY acts who will play the venues across Reykjavík. It's a good list. Right, here they are, then.
Clock Opera, Jóhann Jóhannsson, Hjaltalín, Lay Low, Active Child, The Ghost Of A Saber Tooth Tiger, Esmerine, Random Recipe, 22-Pistepirkko, HAM, Reykjavík!, Árstíðir, Hauschka, Nedry, Jónas Sig og Ritvélar Framtíðarinnar, Lára, Prins Póló, Lights on the Highway, Sudden Weather Change, Benjamin Francis Leftwich, Rich Aucoin, Mazes, Veronica Falls, MI-GU, We Were Promised Jetpacks, Stafrænn Hákon, Cliff Clavin, PORQUESÍ, Saktmóðigur, Weapons, Consortium Musicum, Epic Rain, Coral, Andvari, Fönksveinar, Dad Rocks!, Einar Stray, Iiris, Angist, Carpe Noctum, Náttfari, Dustin O'Halloran, The Twilight Sad, Kreatiivmootor, Steve Sampling, Subminimal, Tonik, Jón Þór, Gunslinger and Gímaldin og félagar...
That is a lot of music. And a lot of quality, too. That is not mentioning the already-announced artists, which will probably make you water at all of the watery places about your body. Like Björk and Yoko Ono, for example. This year's edition of Iceland Airwaves runs from October 12-16 in the country's capital, Reykjavík. More information on the official website.
- In Photos: Clock Opera @ Heaven, London
- In Photos: Truck Festival 2012 @ Hill Farm, Steventon
- In Photos: Camden Crawl 2012 , London
- In Photos: Clock Opera @ The Scala, London
- Latitude Festival 2012 adds Los Campesinos, Clock Opera, Polica, Gemma Arterton, Tom Watson MP...
- Clock Opera - Ways to Forget
- This Week's Singles: 16/04/12 Tashaki Miyaki, Spiritualized, Kelpe, Herman Dune, Laid Back
- Drowned in Newcastle #5