- Beirut »
Beirut probably finished playing as support for Arcade Fire in Hyde Park a little while ago. Not sure how it went, but they probably played a few songs from their new album, which hopefully went down today. Coincidentally, they've got a bit of news for us today regarding that new record.
Part of what they've revealed is the album cover for The Rip Tide which, to be honest, isn't really that great. Well, it's certainly less interesting than their last couple. But sometimes simple can be good. Here it is.
The other part of what they've revealed is that the CD digipak release will come with a booklet. OK, fair enough. The vinyl is clouth-bound and includes an MP3 download code, too. Again, fair enough.
More interestingly they've unveiled an absolutely gigantic tour, although most of the dates were available already. We'll remind you of the UK ones, in any case, including upcoming festival dates.
2 Sep - Dorset, End of the Road
6 Sep - Manchester, Academy
16 Sep - London, Brixton Academy
- In Photos: Beirut @ Hammersmith Apollo, London
- Primavera Sound 2012: the DiS Review, Thursday 31st May
- In Photos: Field Day 2012 @ Victoria Park, London
- Five For Friday: Beirut, Burial, Kate Wax, Olafur Arnalds, Scuba
- DiS' Favourite Albums of 2011: 20-6
- Play This: DiS Editor's Songs of 2011
- In Photos: Beirut @ O2 Brixton Academy, London
- End of the Road 2011: the DiS review