All Tomorrow's Parties have announced a special benefit show for the victims of the recent Japanese earthquake and tsunami. It's happening this week, on Thursday April 21, and all profits go to the Japanese Red Cross. On the bill are a quite excellent array and variety of musical stars which include Squarepusher, LFO, Fuck Buttons and DJs Declan Allen and N>E>D.
The event is called Made in Japan and doors at the Kentish Town Forum - where the event takes place - open at 6PM and kicking out time is around five hours later. There will also be a gigantic raffle (TOMBOLA!) where you could possibly win one or more of the following prizes:
- Spiritualized Box sets
- Rare ATP posters, clothing, records and chalets for forthcoming ATP events
- Mogwai box sets from Kobalt publishing
- Premium account from SoundCloud
- Rare vinyl and CD releases from Matador and 4AD
- Sub Pop Nike trainers, hat and slipmat
- Box sets, vinyl and CDs from the EMI back catalogue
- Records, shirts and RSD exclusives from Domino
- Rare merchandise and releases from Portishead
Every single person who buys a ticket to the benefit event will receive a code to download a brand-new exclusive Autechre track, '6852'. Tickets for the event are priced at £20 and are available from ATP's official website. The artwork for the event was designed and donated by Tim Biskup.
- Squarepusher - Ufabulum
- Green Man Festival 2011 - The DiS Review
- ATP benefit concert for Japan this Thursday ft. Squarepusher, details inside
- DiS meets Squarepusher
- Squarepusher - Shobaleader One: d'Demonstrator
- Squarepusher collaboration with Andre 3000 still on
- Listen: World exclusive of new Squarepusher track 'Into The Blue'
- New Squarepusher LP gets October release