Last year's Summer Sundae weekender over in Leicester was an absolute ball, wasn't it? Despite Gareth from Los Campesinos! smashing his face in. But even all that was in good fun. This year they've just announced the first wave of bands and, as you'd expect, it's fairly decent. Have a peek below for who has been confirmed so far.
The Maccabees, Graham Coxon, Newton Faulkner, The Bees, Bellowhead, The Cuban Brothers, Wilko Johnson, John Cooper Clarke, Little Comets, CW Stoneking, Liam Bailey, Benjamin Francis Leftwich, Mama Rosin, Raghu Dixit, Skinny Lister, The Black Atlantic, Dizraeli and the Small Gods and Various Cruelties.
As with last year there's also going to be a dedicated Drowned in Sound stage in 2011, which is something to look forward to for both us and you. We'll announce the bands who'll be playing on that stage as soon as we know, rest assured.
This year's Summer Sundae Weekender runs from 12-14 August at De Montfort Hall and Gardens in Leicester. More information about the festival, including ticket purchases, can be found here.
- Summer Sundae 2011: The DiS review
- In Photos: Summer Sundae 2011 @ De Montford Hall & Gardens, Leicester
- Summer Sundae announce first acts for 2011
- In Photos: The Bees @ Manchester Academy 3
- The Bees - Every Step's a Yes
- This Week's Singles: 04/10/10
- In Photos: The Bees @ Bush Hall, London
- Watch: The Bees - 'I Really Need Love'