- Wilco »
Wilco are simply more than a band. They also extend their hands into culinary and gastronomic projects, and now there has been a brand of coffee named after them, with the help of bassist John Stirratt and Patrick Sansone, who joined in on the tasting process. The coffee is called Wilco Selects and you can also buy it in a bundle with some lovely Wilco mugs (via TwentyFourBit and Spinner).
There's also Wilco "doesn't select", which I'd stay clear of, as it hasn't been taste-tested by the members of the band who, I am told, have impeccable and flawless taste in coffee. The coffee is described thusly, for anyone wanting to know a bit more information before purchasing:
The aromatics of coffee blossom and violet make way for an incredibly graceful and elegant cup. The body has a light and silky quality, like fresh whipped cream, that beautifully compliments the ever-present note of citron, juniper berry and vanilla. As it cools, the cup blossoms into notes of confectioner’s sugar, rosehips, and soft raisin, resonating on a pristine finish with a touch of milk chocolate.
Sounds a bit poncey to me.
- In Photos: Way Out West 2012 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
- In Photos: Primavera Sound 2012 @ Parc Del Forum, Barcelona
- Wilco, Mudhoney, SBTRKT + more for Primavera Sound 2012
- Spotifriday #116 - This week on DiS as as playlist ft. Slayer, Wilco, David Lynch + more
- In Photos: Wilco @ The Roundhouse, London
- Spotifriday #110 - This week on DiS as a playlist ft. Bauhaus, Twin Sister, Wilco
- Wilco - The Whole Love
- Spotifriday #109 - This week on DiS as a playlist ft. REM, The Antlers, Nicola Roberts