- Joanna Newsom »
Gutting news for all those around the world who had held out hope that the high priestess of all-things folk would make an appearance as herself on the cult TV cartoon show The Simpsons. Joanna Newsom - who had previously been rumoured to be turned into a four-fingered, yellow-skinned creation, won't be...well, turning up at any point in the near future (via Pitchfork).
A press release was sent round by Newsom's publicist earlier today and Joanna herself said:
"Regrettably, the awesome rumo[u]r of my upcoming cameo on 'The Simpsons' is unfounded. I remain, however, steadfast as always in my commitment to the character of Lisa, whom I have of course had the privilege of voicing for the last 21 years, in my dreams. Thanks for the memories, gang!"
That's a shame. This is kind of a non-news story now, isn't it? Ah well. We'll just have to post that picture of her from the Matt Groening-curated ATP then, won't we? So, here it is!
I really do wonder how they'd have animated that gurning.
- ATP Jeff Mangum: the DiS review
- In Photos: ATP Festival curated by Jeff Mangum @ Butlins, Minehead
- Joanna Newsom, Scratch Acid, Magnetic Fields for rescheduled March ATP
- Watch: Joanna Newsom armwrestles Robin Pecknold of Fleet Foxes
- End of the Road 2011: the DiS review
- Joanna Newsom, Sebadoh, Thurston More for Jeff Mangum ATP
- This Week's Singles: 18/07/11 Wilco, PJ Harvey, Joanna Newsom, Belle & Sebastian
- Rachel from Esben & the Witch: The Importance of Words