You may have noticed musical publication juggernaut Pitchfork's countdown of their best/favourite songs of the 1990s. If not then you can have a look at the Top 20 here and navigate your way around the rest of the list on the website's frontpage. Whatever you think of it, there's little denying the importance of one label to much of the great stuff that was released during that decade - Sub Pop.
Fortunately enough they are full embracers of SoundCloud and now they've uploaded a ton of tracks that their staff picked as the best tracks to come out through that label in those ten years. They're all up and it includes a lot of good music. It's in three separate sets, which can all be listened to below, but do go to the official SoundCloud as there is even more from past and present.
Oh and also, to totally blow our own trumpets, we constructed our own playlist of the '90s - entitled Drowned in '90s - on Spotify. You can listen to it here. It's worth it, obviously.
- Mudhoney - Vanishing Point
- In Photos: Primavera Sound 2012 @ Parc Del Forum, Barcelona
- In Photos: ATP I'll Be Your Mirror curated by Mogwai @ Alexandra Palace, London
- I'll Be Your Mirror artists pick their favourite B-Sides ft. Warren Ellis, Bill Wells & Aidan Mo
- Wilco, Mudhoney, SBTRKT + more for Primavera Sound 2012
- ATP announce I'll Be Your Mirror 2012 line-up ft. Slayer, Guided By Voices, Mogwai
- Slottsfjell 2011, Norway - The DiS review
- Listen: Gigantic compilation of Sub Pop's songs of the '90s